Friday, September 26, 2008

Tampa Publix Robbed at Gunpoint

From the St. Petersburg Times

TAMPA — Police are searching for two men who robbed a Tampa grocery store at gunpoint Thursday night.

At about 10 p.m., the two men entered the Publix at 6001 N Nebraska Ave., through a back door, according to the Tampa Police Department. Armed with handguns, the men ordered employees to lie on the ground while they made the store’s assistant manager and cashier give them an undetermined amount of money from the store’s safe. They then fled in a dark-colored SUV, police said. There were no injuries.

One man is described as black, 5-foot-9 to 6 feet tall, about 170 pounds, wearing a black T-shirt and dark blue jeans. Police said the other is also black, 5-foot-9 to 6 feet tall, about 230 to 250 pounds, wearing a black T-shirt and acid-washed jeans.

Posted by Seminole Heights in 14:31:58
Comments

10 Responses to “Tampa Publix Robbed at Gunpoint”

1. Anonymous says:

It just keeps getting worse….

2. Anonymous says:

You have got to be kidding me! We just listed our house and are looking to leave Tampa. This city has taken lies and corruption to a new level. For Mr Hogue to stand there and say “crime is down” is a farce. I no longer feel safe here. I have to protect my kids and Tampa is no longer the place. I would rather them stand up and say crime is up and here is what we are doing than lie and hide it.

3. Anonymous says:

“black, 5-foot-9 to 6 feet tall, about 170 pounds, wearing a black T-shirt and dark blue jeans. Police said the other is also black, 5-foot-9 to 6 feet tall, about 230 to 250 pounds, wearing a black T-shirt and acid-washed jeans.”

The police shouldn’t have any trouble finding them since no one around here matches that description.

4. Anonymous says:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling…….

5. Anonymous says:

We are also considering selling. The once great neighborhood had too many investors. They sold the homes at jacked up prices with ridiculous loans. Now they are all either foreclosed or flooding the market for sale. Now they are being bought up again by investors and being rented to section 8. With no city leader or department to help regulate this, it is about to get much worse. The only bright spot we now have is the ability to walk to Starbucks. It is not worth the drop in quality of life issues to continue fighting. 10 years is enough.

6. Anonymous says:

Bye Bye.
    If you think it is better elsewhere. Gangs in Brandon and Town n’ Country. Murder in Carrollwood. Let us know when you find utopia.

7. Anonymous says:

It’s not that utopia exist, it is finding a place that has leadership that is working to improve quality of life. Tampa Police has shown little respect for the citizens of Tampa and as a result the city is experiencing problems in all areas. The mayor has been in hiding for nearly 6 years. SPT may have crime issues but their mayor is very visible, outspoken and gets things done. Look at downtown SPT. Clearwater is now advancing past Tampa. Iorio has taken this city backwards. I was hoping to sell by the time I am 32. Now I will probably be lucky to get out by the time I am 62.

8. Anonymous says:

I cant stand that area. I used to work nearby and the crime and surroundings are NOT welcoming. I don’t know why anyone would live there.

9. Anonymous says:

Dude, im an employee. I was there. Media fucked this story over. 2 men jumped the back gate because we don’t have a bay door for deliveries they walked right in. They did have guns but no one was forced on the ground and the only ppl with guns pointed at them were the assistant manager (Adam Lopez), who I told to call TPD. He didn’t even know there were men in the store with guns even though they ran right by the office he was in, and Michael, our back office clerk. He hid the big bills and all they were left with was the money in 3 tills ready for tomorrow. $285 in each till with $40 of it in stamps. At best they got $500.

10. Anonymous says:

yeah, robbing publix isn’t a good idea. VERY LITTLE MONEY you can actually access & really nice security cameras.